Marcellus: 12,000 hp (8,950 kW) Compressor Station
The customer approached Valerus for a turnkey 12,000 hp (8,950 kW) compression and dehydration station, including full civil, mechanical, electrical and environmental engineering. The choice of a single vendor meant maximum efficiency, accountability and end-to-end system compatibility.
Varying production profiles in the field meant that the compressor station would have to accommodate simultaneous operation at two different inlet pressures.
In a timeline of only 180 days, Valerus engineered a complete, 12,000 hp (8,950 kW) compression facility including nine compressor packages and two triethylene glycol (TEG) gas dehydration units. Installation and commissioning were completed successfully in 2012.
- Marcellus Shale, Pennsylvania, USA
- Product Lines
- Compression, Production Equipment, Integrated Services
- Scope of Work
- Full facility including civil, mechanical, electrical, and environmental
- Equipment Design
- Nine (9) 5794 compressor packages, two (2) TEG units
- Construction Management
- Commissioning & Startup
- Contract Type
- Turnkey sale
- Delivery Timeline
- 26 weeks
- Completion Date
- 110 MMscf/d (129,700 m3/hr)