Maamoura, Tunisia: 10,000 bpd (67 m3/hr) Early Production
Valerus was asked to design, deliver and install an early production facility in a remote area of Tunisia. The design had to accommodate a production volume of up to 10,000 BPD (67 m3/hr) of oil, and up to 30 MMscf/d (35,400 m3/hr) of CO2-laden natural gas.
Located in rural Tunisia, the production facility had to be hardened against extreme temperatures and harsh conditions. The plot design required significant cut and fill to compensate for the irregular terrain, within strict space limitations and environmental restrictions.
Valerus provided a completely integrated solution — including foundation, electrical, and control systems — that was designed, delivered and commissioned on site in 400 days. Amine sweetening, oil desalting, mechanical refrigeration, and fractionation systems all contribute to product quality. The facility also includes product storage and loading infrastructure, even a slug catcher — all from a single, reliable source: Valerus.
- Maamoura, Tunisia
- Product Lines
- Processing & Treating, Compression, Production Equipment, Integrated Services
- Scope of Work
- Full facility including foundation design, electrical, and controls
- Equipment Design
- Three (3) 7044 (1,680 hp) (2,250 kW) compressor packages, amine sweetening, oil desalting, mechanical refrigeration, fractionation, product storage and loading
- Construction Management
- Commissioning & Startup
- Contract Type
- Ex works sale with engineering, construction management and commissioning
- Delivery Timeline
- 57 weeks
- Completion Date
- 10,000 BPD (67 m3/hr) oil and 30 MMscf/d (35,400 m3/hr) gas